Sunday, July 24, 2011

 This is the hidden canyon waterfall.  Our little camera zoomed in all the way.
This is the season we pick and weed and work. But, these are BIG raspberries...
 Looking down the rock walk and over to the $700 garden space where we grow expensive vege's.
 Looking up the rock walk from the lawn at the berry bushes that are loaded this year.  Gotta pick every other day now.  We juice the berries since the freezer is already full.  Yum.  Fresh raspberry drinks.
 I'm sorry to display this but we had fun teaching Mom and Dad how to play different kinds of poker.  They really seemed to enjoy winning most of our chocolate bars.  We had a garden fresh dinner of peas/potato creemed, snappy peas salad, and hamburger steak for our regular Friday night date night.
 Sat. night I finally went to the river and did some fly fishing.  Got a couple pan fish.  (so I don't have the fashionable outfit, but I can still catch those wily trout.
 Decided to take some pictures of our regular summer work and life high in the mountain valleys where we work our fingers to the bone ( and therefore have bony fingers)(see picture of hand holding berries.)  This is one of my part-time jobs at Brother Joe's theatre doing floor maintenance)
One last picture of the south side of our house where the tomato plants are as high as they ever get and they are producing those 'maters right now.  We eat well from the multi dollar  plants but nothing beats sun warm and ripened peas, berries, fruit and vegetables from your own garden.
Come on everyone... we haven't seen many posts.  We know summer is a busy time.  Let's see what you are doing.

3 comments:

  1. I love the photos of everyday things! We had peas and potatoes for dinner yesterday, too. The peas and raspberries are just starting and we will have lots. We have broccoli and cabbage, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Life seems to good to be true there in the Bitter Root Valley. I love reading your posts, and hope to get some of my own up soon! I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the hotel right now in Roanoke. Everything went according to plan on day 1. LOTS of aspiring attorneys! I think all the hotels in town are booked! We test in a huge football size room in a big conference center. We cause traffic jams when we arrive and depart the conference center.
    Thanks for the pics (Scott)

    ReplyDelete