Sunday, August 10, 2014

Summer work

 July 2014  After picking raspberries at our house, we made arrangements to make them into jam at the kitchen in Beehive Home
 Granny was kinda lost so we walked her thru process of freezer jam.  It turned out good and is stored in her freezer at old house.  Still no offers on house yet.
 Made 2 trips to the mountains to get firewood this week.
Was hot in afternoon but we leave early in morning.  Old people like to sit by the fire in winter but sometimes it is too much heat in the summer trying to get it in the shed.  We cut 4 foot lengths that we can handle and saw it into 16" stove ready pieces at home and wheelbarrow it into shed Aug  and Sept.

2 comments:

  1. good that youre getting exercise
    SM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't used to like getting wood, but I wouldn't mind doing it now! Wish I was there to help! I didn't get any jam made, but got berries put into the freezer and will make jam when the outside work slows down a bit. I liked seeing the pictures of Granny!

    ReplyDelete