Saturday, August 28, 2010

"The View" (as seen from the windows of our home)

Downing Mountain Fire
Started Aug 26, 2010



Borate bombers trying to protect houses on the mountain
Water helicopters getting water from river by our house.


These relatives are a tribe but don't know about tipis.  Aug. 1st week

Gramma and grandkids sleep? in tipi
Peaceful summer morning

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the pictures. I especially like the first one with the moon in the sky and the reflection of the smoke in the water. What camera did you use? Do you know if everyone in the ward is OK as far as being displaced?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow guys. I like your new blog more than your old blog. It looks great. Some really nice pictures of the helicopters too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pictures! I wondered if the fire was on the Hamilton side of the mountain. Pretty exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone in ward is ok. Some had to evacuate for a short while. Fire is nearly out, just a few puffs left today (Sunday). It rained in the night, that helped. Used our little camera with "best picture" setting. Got pretty good pictures considering.

    ReplyDelete